The Indian Institute of Welding (IIW-India) is a nonprofit professional body devoted to the cause of promotion and advancement of welding science and technology in India and in the SAARC countries. Established in the year 1966, with its registered office at Kolkata, it has 13 branches located all over India. About 5000 welding professionals and over 300 industrial corporate bodies are members of this Institute.
- Disseminate Knowledge and development in the field of welding science and allied technology through organizing annual seminars, workshops, training programs, various educational programs, National Welding Meet, National Welding Seminars, International Congress and International
- Provide technical guidance and consultation to industries in welding.
- Skill development, training and certification support to industries
- Conduct International Institute of Welding Diploma Examinations through ANB India
- Company Certification as per ISO Standards such as 3834, 15085, 1090 through ANBCC, India
- Publish technical journals and periodicals in the field of welding
- Organise International Exhibitions on Welding Technology and related areas
The International Institute of Welding (IIW)
was founded in 1948 by the welding institutes or societies of 13 countries that considered it crucial to make more rapid scientific and technical progress possible on a global basis. The IIW membership today comprises welding associations from 55 countries worldwide, with more nations continually indicating interest.
To advance welding and joining through a worldwide network
To be the leading global community linking industry, research and academicians to the advancement of welding Science and Material joining